Friday 11 December 2015

Marzipan Cookies [gluten free]



biscuits, cookies, almond biscuits, marzipan, marzipan cookies, almond cookies, recipe, recipes


I didn’t even plan to bake these biscuits. I wanted to make Italian almond cookies but didn’t read the recipe carefully enough when I came across it some time ago, and didn’t notice the batter had to rest for 12 hours. I simply didn’t have the time as I already had a craving for almond tasting biscuits. So I had no choice, but to find a satisfactory replacement.

In one of my Polish cookbooks* I found a marzipan cookies recipe that met my needs, meaning they could be ready to eat in 30 minutes. I did change it slightly: I used half of the sugar and omitted the chocolate glazing as I felt they would be sweet enough anyway. I was extremely happy with the result: the biscuits were crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. And even though I am still planning to make the real Italian almond cookies, I know, I will make this fast and delicious marzipan variation often, too.

INGREDIENTS (for 25 pieces):

250g marzipan, cut into pieces,
75g sugar,
1 egg white,
0.5 tsp grated lemon rind,
0.5 tsp almond flavoring,
Icing sugar for sprinkling.

METHOD:
  1. Put all the ingredients (except from the icing sugar) to a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until everything is well combined.
  2. Preheat an oven to 180 Celsius degrees (160 for fan ovens) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
  3. Take a walnut size portion of the batter and with wet hands roll into a ball, place on the tray and flatten slightly; repeat with the rest of the batter.
  4. Bake the biscuits in the hot oven for 20 minutes; when cooled down, sprinkle with icing sugar.
* "Ciasteczka - wyszukane smakołyki z całego świata"

biscuits, cookies, almond biscuits, marzipan, marzipan cookies, almond cookies, recipe, recipes





0 коментара:

Post a Comment