Wednesday 30 December 2015

Healthy Chocolate Mousse with Chia Seeds [vegan]


healthy breakfast, chocolate mousse, healthy chocolate mousse, avocado, chia, chia seeds, healthy, recipe, recipes, vegetarian, vegan

I have heard many times about a chocolate mousse made with avocado and was really intrigued by the idea. Even though I often find avocados very uncooperative - they can be too hard for days and then suddenly one day they are already overripe: brown and not looking appetizing at all - I still like them a lot. But to use them in a chocolate mousse?! The only way that I could convince myself this whole idea would work, was to make such a mousse myself.

When I made it for the first time, to be honest, I wasn’t quite sure about the result. But other family members who tried it, liked it a lot. So I gave the mousse a second chance. I adjusted the amounts of ingredients, I also decided to make it even healthier by adding chia seeds. This time I absolutely loved it: nice, chocolatey and creamy. Even though the portion seems to be small, it is quite filling. And another advantage of this mousse is that you can have it either as a healthy dessert or healthy breakfast. And who could say no to a guilt-free but super-healthy chocolate mousse for breakfast?

INGREDIENTS (for 1 portion):

1 tbsp chia seeds,
75ml coconut milk,
0.5 avocado,
1 banana,
3 Medjool dates (or 6 normal dates, soaked beforehand in hot water for 10 minutes),
2 tsp cocoa powder,
Raspberries (fresh or frozen) or other berries to serve.

METHOD:
  1. In the evening put the chia seeds and the coconut milk to a cup, stir and put to a fridge for the night.
  2. In the morning place the avocado, banana, dates and cocoa powder in a food processor or blender and process till smooth.
  3. In a small glass/bowl put half of the chocolate mousse on the bottom, cover it with majority of the chia and coconut mixture, then place the other half of the mousse and the rest of chia seeds.
  4. Decorate with raspberries.
healthy breakfast, chocolate mousse, healthy chocolate mousse, avocado, chia, chia seeds, healthy, recipe, recipes, vegetarian, vegan



0 коментара:

Post a Comment