Wednesday 4 November 2015

Spicy Parsnip Soup [vegetarian]


parsnip, soup, parsnip soup, curry, spicy parsnip soup, recipe, recipes, healthy


Parsnip is a much underrated vegetable. At least that was the case in our (Polish) family for a very long time. I can remember my mother using it in 2 dishes only: as one of the ingredients of stock and of Polish vegetable salad. Actually, it was my husband who introduced me and my side of the family to roasted parsnip and we all were surprised how delicious it tasted just by itself.

Since then I have been more open minded and used it for other meals as well, I even plan to bake a parsnip cake one day! However for now, I am sharing a parsnip soup recipe that I have tested many times. The soup is creamy and smooth, and the slightly nutty taste of parsnip is very well complimented by curry powder.

INGREDIENTS (for 4 portions):

2 tbsp rapeseed oil,
1 onion, peeled and chopped,
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped,
1 bay leaf,
1-2 sprigs of parsley,
0.5-1.5 tbsp curry powder (the amount depends on the heat of the powder you use and on your own preferences),
500g parsnips, peeled and chopped,
1 l vegetable stock,
250 ml milk,
salt and pepper.

METHOD:
  1. Heat up the oil in a big pot.
  2. Add the onion, garlic, bay leaf, parsley, 0.5 tbsp curry powder and parsnip, stir everything well to coat in the oil and curry, and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
  3. Add the stock and cook the soup for another 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
  4. Liquidize the soup, season it (if it is not spicy enough, you can add more curry), add the milk and bring to boil.
parsnip, soup, parsnip soup, curry, spicy parsnip soup, recipe, recipes, healthy


0 коментара:

Post a Comment