Tuesday 2 December 2014

Bavette with Prawns and Spicy Tomato Sauce




prawns, tomato sauce, shrimps, tomato, pasta, recipe, recipes, healthy



I think I must have been Italian in my previous life – I love their food. And pasta has always had a special place in my heart: whenever I am in an Italian restaurant, whether it is in Italy or anywhere else, I always order pasta and I never get bored of it. At home I have to stop myself from cooking pasta more often than once per week (only because I try to cut on refined grains - luckily I can use whole meal pasta so I have an excuse!).

This recipe is simply wonderful: very easy and only a few ingredients that work perfectly well with each other. It is so simple that it can be prepared after a long day at work without much effort but from the other hand – festive enough to be served for guests. I have tested it many times and my guests have always asked for second helpings!

INGREDIENTS (4 portions):

3 garlic cloves thinly chopped,
0.5 chilli (without seeds, quarter chopped and quarter left as one piece),
2 tbsp chopped parsley,
2 tins of tomatoes,
2 tbsp olive oil,
0.5 tsp sugar,
Salt and pepper,
100g fresh spinach,
400g prawns without shells,
400g bavette (or spaghetti),
basil.

METHOD:

  1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy pan on a medium heat; add the garlic, chilli and parsley, fry stirring constantly for a short while till aroma is released.
  2. If you are using whole tomatoes, cut them into smaller pieces at first, then add to the pan and increase the heat so the mixture boils.
  3. Decrease the heat and cook for 15 min. till the sauce thickens. In the meantime you can check its taste – add sugar and if the sauce is too spicy, discard the piece of chilli.
  4. Cook the pasta as per the packet instruction.
  5. Add the spinach to the sauce, stir.
  6. Adjust the seasoning and add the prawns to the sauce. If you are using cooked prawns, just reheat them; if raw – cook them in the sauce till they change their colour to pink.
  7. Sprinkle with chopped basil.



prawns, tomato sauce

0 коментара:

Post a Comment