Wednesday 19 August 2015

Thai Style Prawns [Shrimps] Stir-Fry


stir-fry, prawns, prawn recipes, shrimps


Although I experiment a lot with cooking new dishes, sometimes when I find a meal we love, I tend to make it often and don’t look for other options. So when I buy prawns [shrimps] and think how I should cook them, I often go back to my Pasta with Prawns recipe. It is quick, easy to make and delicious. But I do realize that by continuing to choose this yummy but safe option, I may not cook a really wonderful but other prawn dish.

So when I bought shrimps last time I decided to cook them differently: slightly spicy in a coconut sauce. The meal took only minutes to prepare (I think the jasmine rice took longer to cook!) and was very, very good. So it is a perfect dinner idea on a busy evening but it could easily be served for a dinner party with another stir-fry as well.

INGREDIENTS (for 4 portions):
500g prawns, without heads, shells and intestines,
1 tin (400ml) coconut milk,
1 tbsp oil,
salt and pepper.

Sauce:
0.5 red chilli (without seeds), thinly sliced (you can use more chilies, if you prefer this dish to be spicier),
1 onion, chopped,
5cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated,
5cm lemon grass stalk (without the hard outer leaves), chopped,
6 blanched almonds,
0.5 tsp turmeric,
0.5 tsp salt.

METHOD:
  1. Put all the sauce ingredients to a food processor, add 3 tbsp of coconut milk and process until you end up with a smooth paste.
  2. Heat the oil in a wok or a large frying pan, add the prawns and stir fry for 2-3 minutes; remove from the wok.
  3. Put the sauce and the rest of the coconut milk to the wok and bring to boil.
  4. Stir in the fried prawns, heat up and adjust seasoning.
  5. Serve with cooked jasmine rice.

This dish is inspired by a recipe from “The Complete Wok & Stir-Fry Cookbook” 


stir-fry, prawns, prawn recipes, shrimps


0 коментара:

Post a Comment