Thursday 11 June 2015

Apple Crumble


Desserts, easy dessert recipes, apple, apple crumble


If it is not the favorite, Apple Crumble must be one of the top 5 favorite desserts in our house. I usually make it just for 4 of us as a grand finale of our Sunday lunch, but I  also make it when we have guests, as its simplicity is inversely proportional to its deliciousness.

My love for crumbles dates back to my childhood when my Grandma often baked a yeast cake with seasonal fruit and crumble on top. I remember pinching the biggest pieces of crumble when the cake was already baked. I have to admit that I also remember pinching the biggest pieces of crumble even before the cake was baked! And ”the biggest piece of crumble” is a key word here. When I make the crumble I make sure the pieces are big as we all love them  that way. So if after processing the crumble I don’t end up with the desired size, I simply put them together manually.

INGREDIENTS (for 4-6 portions):
6 apples,
1 tsp cinnamon,
2-4 tbsp sugar,
175g flour,
100g cold butter plus a bit more for greasing,
85g demerara sugar,
85g ground almonds.

METHOD:
  1. Preheat an oven to 180 Celsius degrees (160 for fan oven).
  2. With a bit of butter grease an oven proof dish.
  3. Peel, core and slice the apples; mix them with cinnamon and sugar. The amount of sugar to be used depends on the apples:  if I use sweet apples sometimes I don’t add any sugar at all.
  4. In a food processor whizz the flour, butter, demerara sugar and ground almonds until crumbly.
  5. Spread the crumble evenly on top of the apples, put to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes till the crumble is golden.
Desserts, easy dessert recipes, apple, apple crumble


0 коментара:

Post a Comment