Friday 2 January 2015

Teriyaki Salmon with Broccoli and Rice Vermicelli


broccoli, rice vermicelli, salmon, teriyaki, recipe, recipes


The below recipe wasn't even supposed to be on my blog. One day I was so busy that when it came to deciding about dinner, I felt as if I was going to cook for the first time in my life: my head was completely empty of any ideas. I checked what we had in the fridge and in the pantry and decided to play it by the ear, without having great expectations as to the final result.

I found salmon and broccoli, so some type of stir-fry seemed to be a workable solution. We only had rice vermicelli bought by my husband some time earlier and since I thought we all preferred thicker, ribbon-like rice noodles, I didn't really expect  a big applause from my family. But they loved the dish so much that they made me quickly write down the recipe while I still remembered it. And when I cooked it again to make sure the recipe was correct, my daughter came to the kitchen, looked into the wok and said “Oh, you are making my favourite dish!”. Considering it was only the second time I prepared it, I think it is the best recommendation you can ask for.

INGREDIENTS (4 portions):

500g salmon fillet,
5 tbsp teriyaki marinade,
1 broccoli cut into small florets,
2 grated garlic cloves,
2 tsp grated ginger,
2 tbsp olive oil,
200g rice vermicelli,
3 tbsp soy sauce,
2 tbsp fish sauce,
1.5 limes (juice of half and the whole one cut into quarters).

METHOD:
  1. Cut salmon into 3 cm cubes, put into a bowl with teriyaki marinade, mix well and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes (it can also be left overnight).
  2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, fry the salmon cubes in 2-3 batches , stirring it gently (not to break it) from time to time for 2-3 minutes, put aside.
  3. Prepare the rice vermicelli per packet instruction. Drain it.
  4. Heat  1 tbsp olive oil in the frying pan, add garlic and ginger and fry stir for 30 seconds, add the broccoli, and continue to stir fry. You can also add a few tablespoons of water to the wok. This will create steam that will make the broccoli softer faster without burning.
  5. When the broccoli is soft but still al dente, add the salmon cubes, fish and soy sauces, stir gently; add the vermicelli and lime juice, stir again. Serve with lime quarters.

broccoli, rice vermicelli, salmon, teriyaki,

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful recipes for healthy eating, great work!

    ReplyDelete